Whether it’s in a busy office or a hybrid work environment, managing your communication process is a massive part of your everyday work.
If you frequently make or take a high volume of calls, upgrading your VoIP headset is one of the best ways to improve your overall efficiency and enhance both internal and external communications.
Read on to learn more about the 10 best VoIP headsets, top features, prices, and what we think about them.
Related: More VoIP Communication Resources
The 10 Best VoIP Headsets in 2021
Before we jump into the list, we want to briefly talk about some of the ways that VoIP headsets can improve your communication process:
- Stay fully connected and ready to speak instantly without picking up and putting down the phone all day. With VoIP headsets, you can move freely around your work environment without the hassle of dealing with a landline cable.
- Prevent muscle soreness that comes with juggling a desk phone. VoIP headsets let you maintain your natural posture while in a call and prevent the negative effects of holding a traditional phone to your ear all day long.
- Improve your multitasking by freeing up your hands. You can work on other tasks while on a call, improving your overall productivity.
- Enhance your call audio quality even in the loudest work environment. Advance VoIP headset noise-canceling microphones let you speak with your coworkers and customers clearly, no matter what’s happening in the background.
Now, let’s get to the ten best VoIP headsets for your business in 2021 (in no particular order):
#1: Jabra UC Voice 750
The Jabra UC Voice 750 VoIP headset is corded and designed for heavy unified communications (UC) voice users. It has a lightweight design, which allows employees to wear it for the entire day and remain comfortable. Its noise-canceling microphone and Hi-Fi stereo audio ensure the best call quality. This VoIP headset features call control buttons to answer and end calls and control the volume on the headset sort.
- Easy integration with softphone apps
- Integral buttons for call control
- Lightweight and portable
- Unified communications compatibility
- USB connectivity
The Jabra UC Voice 750 is a portable VoIP headset that offers good call quality for heavy users in a UC environment.
Price range: $65-$89
#2: Microsoft LifeChat LX-6000
The Microsoft LifeChat LX-6000 VoIP headset offers a great wideband stereo audio experience. Its ear pads make for a tight, comfortable fit and come with a 270-degree adjustable mic. This headset also has a built-in indicator light while in a call. While this headset’s audio quality isn’t the absolute best, it offers a decent call experience while sitting at a much lower price tag than many of its competitors, which makes it stand out. The LifeChat LX-6000 combines quality and cost-effectiveness for a solution that businesses can take advantage of.
- An inexpensive option
- Comfortable fit
- Noise-canceling microphone
- Inline volume controls
- Wideband digital audio
- 270-degree flexible microphone
The Microsoft LifeChat LX-6000 is a budget-friendly model that’s perfect for light users or as an entry-level model.
Price range: $35-$55
#3: Jabra Biz 2400
The Jabra Biz 2400 VoIP headset is lightweight, corded, and designed for professional use. It features a noise reduction system to help ensure that callers can hear your employees no matter how busy and loud the office is, and its EQ filter protects the employee wearing the headset from experiencing any sharp, sudden noises. This headset comes in mono and stereo. Stereo is ideal for employees who need to completely focus on their calls, and mono is ideal for those who still need to interact with their coworkers while wearing a headset.
- Intuitive controls
- HD voice clarity
- 360-degree swiveling microphone
- Internal noise reduction system
- Available in mono and stereo
- EQ filter for acoustic spike protection
The Jabra Biz 2400 is a VoIP headset that works well for any user who wants a simple, heavy-duty option for making and receiving calls in a business setting.
Price range: $100-$180
#4: Logitech H820e
The Logitech H820e VoIP headset is wireless and offers all-day comfort and enterprise-quality audio that’s ideal for use in open workspaces or home offices. This headset features intuitive call controls and has a mute button plus indicator light on the microphone. The wideband audio and digital signal processing provide a clear sound quality, even in loud environments.
- Compatible with most unified communication platforms
- Enterprise-grade sound and construction
- Certified for Skype for Business
- In-call LED indicator
- Intuitive on-ear controls
- Range of up to 300 feet
- Digital signal processing
The Logitech H820e is an enterprise-grade wireless VoIP headset that offers useful controls, indicators, and lifelike sound.
Price range: $125-$135
#5: Plantronics Blackwire 700 Series
The Plantronics Blackwire 700 series consists of two headsets (the 710 and the 720) that offer high-quality call audio and Bluetooth capabilities. It features smart sensor technology, which means you can automatically answer calls by putting on the headset. This VoIP headset also has a noise-canceling mic and uses wideband Hi-Fi stereo to ensure optimal call quality for call center or conference calling applications. Its dynamic EQ improves the user’s voice quality during calls.
- Smart sensor technology
- Dual connectivity
- Hi-Fi stereo sound
- Bluetooth capabilities for mobile connectivity
- noise-canceling microphone
- Dynamic EQ that optimizes voice quality
The Plantronics Blackwire 700 series VoIP headsets are versatile for users that need wired and wireless capabilities and want to get the highest sound quality on both wired and wireless calls.
Price range: $103-$150
#6: Jabra Engage 75
The Jabra Engage 75 Mono Wireless VoIP headset is the perfect example of a mono headset that has wireless connectivity, and it allows users to make calls from almost 500 feet away. It features clear, static-free call quality and a modern touchscreen that can connect and interact with desk phones, mobile apps, and smartphones.
- Great audio quality
- Long-range connectivity
- noise-canceling functionality
- 13 hour talk time battery life
- Up to 490 feet of wireless connectivity
- Certified for Skype for Business
The Jabra Engage 75 is an outstanding VoIP headset that works with a range of hardware and software and offers extremely high-quality audio.
Price range: $210-$280
#7: Plantronics Voyager Focus UC
The Plantronics Voyager Focus UC VoIP headset is wireless, pairs with both Bluetooth and USB and has an operating range of 150 feet. It’s a lightweight headset weighing just over five ounces and includes a noise-reducing mic. This headset features real-time digital signal processing to ensure rich, deep audio. It also has a built-in mute button. The battery will last an entire day, and you can use it while charging, also.
- Enhanced digital signal processing for call quality
- Connects with Bluetooth and USB
- 100% adjustable over-the-head style
- Built-in mute controls
- 150-foot range
- noise-canceling technology
The Plantronics Voyager UC headset features great range, functionality, and audio quality at an affordable price.
Price range: $145-$170
#8: Jabra Evolve 65
The Jabra Evolve 65 VoIP headset checks every box for businesses. It has an exceptional microphone, 14-hour battery life, and is simple to set up and use. Comfort is a big feature of this headset, thanks to its leather-like padding on the headband and around the ears. Its dual Bluetooth connectivity lets you connect two devices simultaneously and move freely within a 100-foot range.
- Seamless connection with Bluetooth and USB
- HD voice quality
- Includes a charging stand
- Certified for Skype for Business
- Active and passive noise cancellation
This high-quality Jabra headset offers excellent call quality, comfort, usability, and battery life.
Price range: $205-$280
#9: Sennheiser SC 630 & 660
The Sennheiser SC 630 and 660 VoIP headsets are wired and certified for Skype for Business in offices, contact centers, and UC environments. These two headsets offer HD voice clarity, all-day comfort, and surprising durability. Its users can manage their calls seamlessly with the built-in call control unit. The 630 is single-sided, and the 660 is dual-sided to offer stereo sound.
- Excellent noise cancellation
- Acoustic shock technology
- Skype for Business Certified
- HD voice clarity
- High-quality neodymium speakers
- Large, comfortable ear pads
Both the 630 and 660 VoIP headsets offer high-quality audio, have a comfortable design, and are certified for Skype for Business.
Price range: $130-$172
#10: Plantronics CS540
The Plantronics CS540 VoIP headset is one of the lightest on the market. It has one-touch call management functionality and voice-dedicated technology using wideband audio to get an exceptionally HD voice quality. Its extended noise-canceling mic filters out most background noise, and it uses digital signal processing to provide a clear, natural sound. This Plantronics headset comes in four styles: over-the-ear, over-the-head, convertible, and behind-the-head.
- Extremely lightweight
- Available as a convertible VoIP headset
- HD voice quality
- Wideband audio
- Digital signal processing for a more natural sound
- Extended noise-canceling microphone
The Plantronics CS540 headsets provide employees with excellent call quality and mobility, thanks to its extremely lightweight design.
Price range: $285-$320
How to Pick the Right VoIP Headset For Your Business
The more you know about the best VoIP headsets, the easier you’ll be able to pick the right ones for your business. It mostly comes down to deciding which features you need and which ones you don’t. Here are the key elements to look for when picking a VoIP headset:
VoIP Headset Components
The three components to look at are:
- The earpiece: VoIP headsets will come with either one or two speakers and are worn either over-the-ear, in-ear, over-the-head, or behind-the-head. Dual speakers block out the most noise and single speakers are best for when you still need to converse with coworkers while wearing the headset.
- The microphone: The higher quality your VoIP headset, the better the noise-canceling and call quality will be, but those features come at additional costs. If those features aren’t as important for your business, you can go for a more budget-friendly headset at the price of losing some audio quality.
- The connection: You can choose between either a wired or wireless VoIP headset. The higher-quality headsets use advanced Bluetooth technology to ensure an excellent connection, even at long ranges. Wired headsets are typically less expensive but don’t offer high mobility like the wireless versions.
Understanding Your Business’s Needs
The best VoIP headset for another business likely isn’t the best for yours. It’s important to consider how your office uses VoIP and how much your operations rely on internal and external phone calls.
For example, when equipping a call center with VoIP headsets, noise cancellation is probably the number one concern. In that case, you’d also want to avoid wireless and choose wired devices to minimize signal interference and continuous charging of the headsets.
For small offices, the flexibility and convenience that wireless VoIP headsets offer are usually an advantage.
Of course, your budget always plays a role in the choice as well. If you need hundreds of VoIP headsets for your employees, choosing a slightly less expensive model can make a significant difference in your spending. However, if you only need a handful of them, spending a little extra for luxury and audio quality might be worth it.
Features Your VoIP Headset Should Include
There is a bare minimum of features that most users need to look for in a VoIP headset. These are:
- Noise cancellation
- A snug, comfortable fit
- Easy volume control
- A reliable connection (for Bluetooth devices)
With this guide and our review of the ten best VoIP headsets for your business, you should have the resources you need to choose the right one for your environment. With this article, we’re sure that you can find the perfect VoIP headset model that meets your business’s needs, whether you’re a sole proprietor, small business, or are running a call center staffed with hundreds of reps.
Want to discuss your communication options with a VoIP expert? Get in touch with us at G12 Communications, and we’ll help you streamline your business’s communication process to improve your overall productivity without destroying your budget.